Medical van for those in need visits Burien twice a month
A medical van now visits Transform Burien’s program on two Wednesdays a month - the first and third.
The medical program offers:
* Screening for diabetes and high blood pressure
* Connections to other services such as 1) dental, 2) food, 3) shelter or housing, 4) domestic violence
* Help with DSHS and other benefit applications
* Mental health care
* Establishing a regular medical provider
Those qualifying for help:
* staying on the street,
* staying in a camp,
* staying in a vehicle,
* "doubled up" with family or friends (couch surfing)
* staying in transitional housing,
* living in a motel short term,
* staying at a detox or treatment center.
If the one or more of the requirements above are not met, the staff of the Mobile Medical Van can direct the individual to the appropriate agency.
TRANSFORM is located at 425 SW 144th street in Burien (which is in the old community center by the skate park)
Our hours are:
Hot meal, clothing and a food bank are available
12 noon- 2pm
Hot meal, clothing every Wednesday, Medical Van twice a month – first and third Wednesdays...
If you would like to learn more about Transform, to volunteer, to donate food or clothing, please stop by either on Sundays or Wednesday. We are also there every Friday fro 10-1 restocking the clothing bank and food bank.