Fatal SeaTac motorcycle crash tops police blotter

26-year-old Burien motorcyclist killed in Sea Tac collision
A motorcyclist was killed in a collision July 30. He was a 26-year-old Burien resident, according to Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office. He had just crossed International Boulevard while going eastbound on South 160th Street when he hit the passenger side of a taxi turning left into a private driveway. The impact spun the cab 180 degrees and investigators believe the motorcyclist died instantly. The taxi driver, the only person in the cab, was not hurt. Witness said the motorcyclist was speeding, according to West. King County Sheriff’s Major Accident Response detectives will continue investigating the accident.

Woman flees police car, then rams it
A woman, 34, was arrested Sunday night, July 29, after fleeing a Burien police officer in a pursuit, colliding with another vehicle, then driving her own vehicle head-on into the deputy's patrol car. King County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Cindi West said the woman was driving in a small red car near South 291st Street and 51st Avenue South in Burien when she saw the officer in her rear view mirror and took off in a reckless manner. The officer tried to pull her over, but she fled on to Highway 18, then to Highway 167. When she exited at 15th Street Northwest she struck another car driving eastbound, causing her vehicle to spin. She then accelerated directly into the police car of officer who was pushing her. The officer suffered a neck and back injury and was taken to Valley General Hospital. The suspect was booked for investigation of felony eluding and vehicular assault.

Man shot in neck in 5 Corners fight
A 26 year old Kent man was shot in the neck July 31 after an altercation with another man in a convenience store parking lot. The incident occurred near South 160th Street and 1 Avenue South around 11:30 p.m. Police were dispatched to a report of a fight and shots being fired in the parking lot of the store. When police arrived they found evidence of a shooting but the subjects involved had left. Witnesses told police that two men had been fighting in the parking lot as a group of individuals watched. At some point during the fight handguns were pulled and there was an exchange of gunfire. Shortly after police arrived at the scene they were notified that a shooting victim had been dropped off at Highline Medical Center with a gunshot wound to the neck. The victim was transferred to Harborview Medical Center and is in serious condition. Investigators do not know what led up to the incident and are unable to get information from the shooting victim at this time.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.