Photo by Kurt Howard
There was just too much red, white and blue of Kennedy Catholic defenders for Foster's Devin Brown to contend with. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO VIEW MORE

SLIDESHOW: Kennedy-Foster football

Foster won the opening coin toss Friday and elected to receive.

The Bulldogs wound up receiving kickoffs all night -- after Kennedy Catholic touchdowns in a 47-0 loss to the Lancers at Foster's own Werner L. Neudorf Stadium in Tukwila.

In fact, it was Kennedy that scored at the end of the Bulldogs' opening possession.

Zach Nobmann of the Lancers blocked Foster's punt into the end zone for a touchdown, and even though JFK kicker Colin Cossette missed the uprights on the extra point attempt Kennedy was on its way with a 6-0 lead with 10:22 still on the first quarter clock.

Foster's second possession also ended in disaster, as quarterback Cody Anderson lost the ball on a sack and it fell into the Lancers' hands at the 9:14 mark.

JFK quarterback Conner Richardson then fired off to Drew Thompson alone on the left side and he walked into the end zone to complete a 28-yard score. Richardson passed again to Cole Madison for a two-point conversion and a 14-0 advantage with 9:07 to play in the opening quarter.

The Bulldogs were then forced to punt the ball away after four plays and JFK scored again on the next play.

Thompson scored again on a Richardson pass -- this time on the right side for a 50-yard touchdown.

Cossette then made the PAT kick and the Lancers' lead was upped to 21-0 at the 7:53 mark.

Foster lost the ball again at 7:01 on a fumble and Kennedy scored three plays later.

Thompson ran around the right end for the 16-yard touchdown and Richardson threw to Madison for the two-point conversion and a 29-0 lead at the 6:40 mark.

JFK tacked on two more points five seconds into the second quarter. Foster quarterback Jimaun Horton was sacked in the end zone for a safety and a 31-0 lead.

The Bulldogs then had to kick the ball away, and four plays later Kennedy's Richardson passed to Thompson for an 8-yard touchdown -- this time up the middle. Cossette's ensuing kick made it 38-0 with 9:32 to play in the second quarter.

Foster then got a real life scare at the 8:32 mark when assistant coach Wayne Gasper collapsed on the sideline. An ambulance came and Gasper was rolled off on a stretcher -- sitting in an upright position and conscious. Players and cheerleaders all took a knee after he had gone down.

JFK added another touchdown with 2:22 to play before halftime. Thompson ran for a 6-yard score and Cossette's kick put the halftime margin at 44-0.

That was enough to put the second half on a constantly running clock, and Cossette kicked a 25-yard field goal when it showed 2:14 to play in the third quarter.

The kick turned out to be the final score of the game at 47-0, despite a Foster incursion as far as the JFK 15. Early in the third quarter lost a ball on the JFK 17 on an interception and on the Kennedy 23 on a fumble.
Foster visits Evergreen for a 7 p.m. game at Highline Stadium on Friday and the Lancers host Renton on the same field at 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.