LETTER: Why I support Jeremy Nutting
To the editor:
As I was driving into work this morning, I heard on the radio that the King County Elections staff is preparing to send out ballots and voters’ pamphlets for the November 5th election. I am taking a moment in light of this event to email you because there is a race that is very important to the families of North Hill. It is the race for Des Moines City Council Position Number 4. I am writing to ask that you please vote for Jeremy Nutting to retain his position on the council.
As the only other councilmember with kids currently attending Highline Schools, Jeremy is a much needed addition to the council.
• Jeremy Nutting is an active member of the North Hill PTSA and currently serves as the Top Dog for North Hill Elementary Watch DOGS.
• Jeremy Nutting has two kids who currently attend North Hill Elementary.
• Jeremy Nutting understands that to have successful schools, the city must partner with the district in an effort to support quality education.
• Jeremy Nutting recognizes that quality schools will mean higher real estate resale values for our homes.
• Jeremy Nutting supports safe routes to schools and complete streets including walkable sidewalks for our kids.
• Jeremy Nutting supports school zone safety measures to help keep our neighborhood kids safe.
NORTH HILL IS MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND IT IS JEREMY NUTTING’S NEIGHBORHOOD.
Jeremy takes the time to get to know his neighbors. Jeremy has a vision and an understanding that our schools are the heart of our community. I am asking you, as like-minded community members who want to see the North Hill of Des Moines represented by a POSITIVE community member who will ensure that the positive relationship currently shared between our schools and our city is not only maintained but grows; on November 5, 2013, please cast your vote for Jeremy Nutting for Des Moines City Council.
Thank you for your time.
Former North Hill PTSA Unit President 2002-2006
North Hill PTSA Golden Acorn Award Winner & Lifetime Member North Hill PTSA